MESSAGE FROM THE BRADLEY BEACH OFFICE OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Please link to this website for up to date Storm Information:
In the event of future storms,the following storm related precautions should be taken:
- Remove or firmly secure all movable property
- Know the location of all utilities such as natural or propane gas and have tools ready in the event they need to be shut off
- Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit which should include items such as water, non-perishable food, battery powered radio, flashlight and extra batteries, any medication immediately needed and sanitary items for your family. You may want to prepare a portable kit and keep it in your car in case you are told to evacuate
- Make a Family Emergency Plan. It is important to know how you will contact family members in case of emergency or evacuations and how you will get back together
- Be Informed. The Bradley Beach Office of Emergency Management will continue to update you on the progress of this severe weather event by means of the Reverse 911 system or visit the www.ready.gov website to obtain further information on emergency Supply Kits and Making Family Emergency Plans
Emergency Notification System
Bradley Beach has joined Avon-by-the-Sea, Neptune City and Neptune township in a new emergency notification system. This system has a feature which allows residents to logon and add themselves to the system via their own computer! It allows people to add up to to three phone numbers and two email addresses. You can add your phone numbers and addresses even if you think you are already listed, as the system recognizes duplications.
Please note that you will need to “agree” to the terms and conditions before continuing your registration.
Register Ready Program
The Bradley Beach Office of Emergency Management in cooperation with the Monmouth County Division of Aging, Disability and Veterans’ Services is please to offer Register Ready Program.
The Register Ready Program allows our residents, who may require assistance in the case of an evacuation, to register for that help in advance. The reasons assistance may be required are many. It could be a disability, age, size, the need for use of medical equipment or the inability to speak or understand the English language.
Registration can be done online at www.registerready.nj.gov . Persons may also register by completing a registration form which can be obtained at the Bradley Beach Police Department, 701 Main Street, Bradley Beach, NJ 07720 or by calling 2-1-1.